Decorex design experts share their predictions for the top colour trends of 2019…
A vital component of every décor aspect is colour and we can expect these exciting tones and hues entering 2019:
* Ice cream/gelato pastels on feature walls, dining room chairs, table runners, scatter cushions, vases or doors. A touch of these spring colours will enliven a room.
* New mint is a gender-neutral colour with a futuristic feel, forecast to be the colour for 2020.
* Earthy colours and warm neutrals allow us to transcend the cold, sterile shades of previous years and embrace the warmth of nature. Layers of burnt orange, warm beiges and shades of green create a soothing atmosphere.
* Believed to be the colour for 2019, Night Watch is a lush, rich teal which is calming, fresh and healing.
* The vibrant Gen Z yellow is being mixed with greys as a pop of colour. It can be used to brighten a door or even a room as a feature wall.
* Sage green is a subdued, almost neutral colour that works well with dusty pink, offering a fresh interior accent.